This recipe was developed for Drum Smokers.
- 1 lb. ground chuck
- 1 lb. ground veal
- 1 lb. ground pork
- 1 small to medium chopped onion (I prefer sweet onions)
- 1 small green zucchini - minced
- 1 small yellow zucchini - minced
- 2 Pablano peppers - chopped
- 1 Red Bell pepper - chopped
- 1 Yellow Bell pepper - chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of Panko bread crumbs
- ½ cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup of your favorite barbecue sauce
- ¼ cup Balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup of chopped Kalamata olives
- 6 to 10 sprigs of fresh thyme
- ¼ cup of chopped Italian flat leaf Parsley
- 2 to 4 cloves of fresh garlic
- 4 small cremini or portabella style mushrooms; washed & stems removed - chopped.
- Kosher salt
- Cracked black pepper
- Sauté vegetables with garlic for 3 to 5 minutes; until soft.
- Whisk eggs and herbs in a bowl.
- Mix meat, eggs, herbs, Panko bread crumbs, ½ cup of barbeque sauce, half of the Balsamic vinegar, Parmesan cheese and vegetables in a bowl.
- “Mold” mixture into meat loaf pans or a baking dish.
- Place the molded mixture on the Drum Smoker cooking grid when the Drum Smoker internal is at approximately 275 degrees F.
- Smoke-Roast until the internal temperature of the mixture is 160 F to 165 F.
- Mix the remaining barbecue sauce and Balsamic vinegar and evenly brush onto the meatloaf.
- Smoke-Roast for an additional 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove finished meat loaf from Drum Smoker and allow to rest for at least 10 to 15 minutes before serving.