4 - Servings
1 – 3.5 to 4 lb. whole chicken
3 to 4 tbsp. of Extra-Virgin olive oil
Kosher salt (to taste)
OLD 66 Poultry Dry Rub
- Preheat the OLD 66 Drum Smoker (temp of 250° F to 275° F+ is best).
- With a pair of kitchen shears, remove the backbone of the chicken.
- Wipe chicken with paper towel(s) to remove any unwanted residue.
- With moderate pressure, push chicken flat on pan or sheet with skin side up.
- Brush both sides of the chicken with the EV olive oil.
- Apply Kosher Salt to both sides of the chicken.
- Apply OLD 66 Poultry Dry Rub to all areas of the chicken.
- Place chicken on the center of the OLD 66 Drum Smoker Cooking Grid.
- Smoke-Roast chicken until the internal temperature of the chicken breast reaches 165 F.
- Remove chicken from the OLD 66 Drum Smoker and allow to rest for 15 minutes.
- Carve chicken and serve.