2 – Servings/Slab
1 – Slab of Baby Back Ribs
2 – Tbsp. Olive, Vegetable or Grape Seed Oil
3 – Tbsp. OLD 66 Rub
Kosher Salt (to taste)
- Preheat the OLD 66 Drum Smoker (temp. of 250° F to 275° F is best).
- Remove the membrane from the bone side of the Baby Back Ribs.
- Brush Olive, Vegetable or Grape Seed Oil on both sides of the Baby Back Ribs.
- Salt Baby Back Ribs (both sides to taste)
- Apply OLD 66 Rub on Baby Back Ribs (both sides).
- Insert OLD 66 Drum Smoker Cooking Grid into the Drum Smoker.
- Place the Baby Back Ribs Slab on the Cooking Grid, bone side down for 1 hour.
- Turn the Baby Back Ribs Slab, meat side down and Smoke-Roast until meat is 165 F internal (approximately 45 to 60 minutes)
- Remove the Baby Back Ribs Slab(s) and allow to rest, covered in aluminum foil for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Using a boning knife, cut the slab the length of each rib bone to separate the ribs for serving.
- Smoking wood chunks (such as Cherry, Apple or Peach) added to the charcoal prior to Smoke-Roasting, will add additional “flavor” to the Baby Back Ribs.