About OLD 66, Inc.
OLD 66, Inc. was born out of an idea to produce high Quality Smokers, Grills and Outdoor Cooking Appliances that are manufactured in the U.S.A.
The OLD 66 Company Name and Logo are taken from the Historic and Iconic Route 66 Road Sign; "The Mother Road" of U.S. Western Migration in the first half of the 20th Century.
Our products are manufactured and fabricated by U.S. manufacturing businesses along the OLD Route 66 Highway Corridor.
The Old 66 ownership and management team have approximately 60 years of experience in the Outdoor Cooking, Grilling, and Smoke-Roasting Appliance business.
We design all of our products with the mindset and approach of "W.W.W.L.", which stands for What Would We Like?
It is our desire to bring you the Best Quality, Best Value for the money, made in the U.S.A. products for your enjoyment and entertainment at home.
- OLD 66 Drum Smokers and components are manufactured in the U.S.A.
- OLD 66 only uses new/freshly made steel drums for our smokers.
- We DO NOT use previously used, re-purposed, or recycled barrels.
- OLD 66 Drum Smokers come fully assembled and ready to use.
- OLD 66 Drum Smoker Cooking Grids are fabricated from heavy gauge laser cut sheet steel.
- OLD 66 Cooking Grids are designed to cook both large and small foods due to their design (e.g. whole brisket, chicken wings, scallops and vegetables.
- Each OLD 66 Drum Smoker has 5 cooking grid positions (elevations) inside the smoker.
- Multiple Cooking Grids may be used to smoke-roast greater quantities of food.
- The OLD 66 Cooking Grid has a "twist-locking feature" when it is placed on the Cooking Grid bracket, securing it into place.
- The cylindrical shape of the Charcoal Basket produces a more efficient burn inside the Drum Smoker.
- Each OLD 66 Charcoal Basket is fabricated out of "laser cut" sheet steel, producing a heavier, more durable basket for longer life.
- The "laser cut" design in the Charcoal Basket is engineered to maximize "air flow" as well as have the capacity to hold a sufficient amount of charcoal for a single smoke-roasting session.
- A "heavier" gauge basket loop on the top of the Charcoal Basket ensures an easier lift to remove the basket from the smoker.
- Built-in feet on the bottom of the basket provide air-flow under the Charcoal Basket.
Air-Intake and Chimney Caps
- Each OLD 66 Drum Smoker has Air-Intake and Chimney caps with threaded stems attached to and below the caps to allow for "measured" air-flow into and out of the Drum Smoker.
- Temperature control for the most accurate smoke-roasting is possible with the ability to better control the air-flow into and out of the Drum Smoker.
- The Air-Intake and Chimney caps also act as "rain caps" keeping out unwanted, insects, moisture or precipitation.
Remote Digital Thermometer Wire Probe Port
- Port for remote digital thermometer wire keeps airflow tight and consistent.
- OLD 66 has a variety of accessories to enhance the smoke-roasting cooking experience for every user.
- The OLD 66 Deflector Plate is designed to provide an "in-direct" smoke-roasting experience for foods that may be more "delicate" or smaller in scale such as fish or vegetables.
- The OLD 66 Food Hanger System gives the user the ability to "hang" food (such as sausage, roasts and/or several racks of ribs) increasing the smoke-roasting capacity in the process.
- The OLD 66 Charcoal Basket Hook is designed to make removal and replacement of the Charcoal Basket in the Drum Smoker much easier.
- The OLD 66 Caster Kit is ideal for users who may wish to have a degree of "portability" with their OLD 66 Drum Smoker.
- The OLD 66 Drum Lid Hinge is an accessory that will eliminate the necessity of removing the Drum Lid from the Drum Smoker.
- Additional OLD 66 Cooking Grids are available for users that wish to smoke-roast larger quantities of food.
- The Poultry/Roast Hanger is for whole poultry and roasts to be used with the Food Hanger System.